10:21 PM

Portia Perplexed

Posted by portia-lot |

Oy. 


What's a girl to do? The world spins around its axis and everything revolves around its own self-center. Why shouldn't I be the same? But for some reason, it is not my forte'.  What's that about? Geez. I seem to keep finding other people's needs to put before my own. I must admit, I like helping and caring for another. But one must not lose track of the fact that most others put themselves at the center of their circle and maybe that is the way it should be. Sometimes I think I come from another planet that inevitably leads to a sense of doom because, well, everyone here is human and humans behave as humans will. What else would I expect? For an alien-girl, I'm not all that smart.

Hmmmmm. I sense a cosmic lesson here.

Will she ever learn? Stay tuned, my friends... anything can happen. At least that's what I hear.

Next!

And speaking of abundance, (rooting you on fer shure, Wallace-stir!), I find myself excited by an abundance of ideas and possibility. I find myself getting more interested in the things that Wallace and I discuss in the great in between what we're doing at our day jobs that I just want to leave. Today, I wanted to go to the beach at mid-day instead of back into our air-conditioned and climate-controlled multi-story building.

The 12th floor is just no match for daydreams of writing and making art for a living from anywhere on the planet. I love the technology that makes such an idea possible. 

Then again maybe the idea of wandering the globe writing for my room and board is just my alien wanderlust coming back to haunt me. Hmmm. Where'd I leave that space ship? Then again, with the price of fuel, perhaps I'll just stick to Earth for now. Besides, there's plenty of places I've yet to see.


0 comments: